Re: Historical events

To put it shortly: When designing Web ontologies, we should only define such types and distinctions between types that are not trivial to reconstruct from the data by the consumer of the data. Adding new types to any ontology creates costs, for learning, marking up, maintaining data etc. So the benefit of a new type must justify the associated cost for all users in the entire ecosystem during the entire lifespan. If being a historic event can be inferred by a junior programmer's one-liner based on comparing the current date with the end-date of the event, then there is no need for an extra type.

I think it is perfectly valid to use schema:Event for historic events, even though you cannot buy tickets for them.

Best wishes
Martin