Re: WebP, anyone using it?

From: David Newton <david@davidnewton.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:05:04 -0400
Cc: "Peter Gasston" <pgasston@gmail.com>, "Kevin Suttle" <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com>, <public-respimg@w3.org>
To: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>

This way a dev could, for example, use SVG or some new responsive format if they're available, with fallbacks to JPEG-XR, then WebP, then JPEG.

See the new use case I added at: https://github.com/ResponsiveImagesCG/ri-usecases/blob/gh-pages/index.html

The point about it being controversial is definitely true, though. I think if we're going to include anything about formats, we have to tread carefully.