Re: WebP, anyone using it?

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:08:31 +0100
To: David Newton <david@davidnewton.ca>
Cc: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>, Peter Gasston <pgasston@gmail.com>, Kevin Suttle <kevin@kevinsuttle.com>, public-respimg@w3.org

On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM, David Newton wrote:

> The point about it being controversial is definitely true, though. I think if we're going to include anything about formats, we have to tread carefully.

I don't see any need to talk about any particular format, but to simply acknowledge that there are other formats. However, if we have no proof at all that anyone is using any of the other formats (apart from gif, jpg, svg, and png), then this is not a valid use case (in the sense that no one is "using" this "case").

--
Marcos Caceres