W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > January to March 2005

Minutes RDF DAWG telecon 2005-03-15 for review

From: Kevin Wilkinson <wilkinson@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:09:36 -0800
Message-ID: <423B2770.193F4623@hpl.hp.com>
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2005-03-15 for review

RDF Data Access WG telcon
  2005-03-15T14:30Z

Agenda:
 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0304.html>
  Note: agenda items are renumbered in these minutes to account for two
      item 2's in original agenda.
  Additions to agenda:
 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0305.html>
 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0306.html>

IRC log:
  <http://www.w3.org/2005/03/15-dawg-irc>

chair: DanC

scribe: Kevin


1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda

Attendees: Kendall Clark, Kevin Wilkinson, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Andy
Seaborne, 
	   Dan Connolly, Janne Saarela, Steve Harris, Jos De Roo, Howard Katz

Regrets: Hiroyuki Sato

Next meeting: 22 Mar; scribe: JanneS

continue the following without discussion:
ACTION Bijan: to propose text (story? etc.) to support WSDL requirement
CONTINUED

ACTION EricP: to review WSDL text proposal
CONTINUED

ACTION AndyS: to clarify 5.4 w/r/t closed world assumption
CONTINUED

ACTION AndyS: to explain how to get a whole graph with CONSTRUCT * and
GRAPH.
CONTINUED

ACTION DaveB: to consider use of xsi:dataType ala comment from Steer
CONTINUED

ACTION EricP: to propose to close valueTesting (bonus points for test
cases, to EricP or others)
CONTINUED


2. ftf5-bos records

PROPOSED: to approve
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf5-bos.html
  $Revision: 1.48 $ of $Date: 2005/03/07 22:37:39 $
  with the @@s removed
RESOLVED to approve


3. SPARQL Protocol, SADDLE update

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0286.html

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/proto-wd/ 1.19 is progress on some
of these...
ACTION KendallC: discuss warnings in the protocol spec.
CONTINUED

ACTION KendallC: to add WSDL description of protocol to editor's draft,
propose to WG:
CONTINUED

ACTION KendallC: to add "since we're using WSDL, you can use
WS-Policy..." to protocol draft
CONTINUED

ACTION KendallC: to incorporate service description discussion notes in
protocol spec
DONE


4. test updates from punctuationSyntax

ACTION SteveH: to to propose tests for str() and =~
DONE

ACTION: SteveH to update the tests to reflect the new syntax
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0298.html
DONE

I take that as a proposal to (re-)approve these tests:
PROPOSED: to approve these tests (note rename of query-example-2*
from original agenda as per addition to agenda noted, above)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#sparql-query-example-a
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#sparql-query-example-b
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#sparql-query-example-c
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#sparql-query-example-d
RESOLVED: to approve

PROPOSED: to approve these tests
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#dawg-triple-pattern-001
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#dawg-triple-pattern-002
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#dawg-triple-pattern-003
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#dawg-triple-pattern-004
RESOLVED: to approve

ACTION SteveH: to propose accepting the test
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#sparql-query-example-d


5. Test suite maintenance

ACTION EricP: to pair with SteveH on making the HTML test results page
CONTINUED

ACTION SteveH: to to revise test manifest w.r.t. "background" and named
graphs
CONTINUED

ACTION DaveB: to to propose source test to approve
CONTINUED

ACTION JosD: Jos to propose an optional test based on ACTION op:dateTime
triple
CONTINUED

ACTION AndyS: to add the above graph test cases (analagous to
valueTesting test cases)
CONTINUED

ACTION JosD: propose a test based on dawg-triple-pattern-002? with a '.'
in a qname


6. Sorting issue/requirement?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0296.html

PROPOSED: add something like "it should be possible to sort the results"
as a design objective
RESOLVED: to accept

ACTION AndyS: propose a SORT design
ACTION KendallC: add a sort objective
ACTION DanC: add SORT issue


7. Privacy/Security issue/requirement/objective?

ACTION DanC: to consider adding 'privacy/security' issue, even if we're
most likely to just postpone it or mention it in passing in specs
DONE

ACTION EricP: propose "privacy considerations" for SPARQL protocol


ADJOURN 15:20:55
Received on Friday, 18 March 2005 19:04:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:22 GMT