protocol draft available

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:17:26 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Les Chiens,

I'm relieved (!) to say that I've finally got a protocol draft that
I'm willing to publicly share, in the event anyone's still
interested. You can find it at

	    http://monkeyfist.com/kendall/sparql-protocol/

but that should be considered a temporary location, I suspect.

If the primary consideration was that it fit on one sheet of paper,
then either I was the wrong person to work on this or it's just more
complex than that. Or both. :>

I worked really hard to describe an abstract protocol that could be
realized in the Unix command-line environment, SOAP, HTTP, BEEP, and
other diverse environments, and that took a great deal of time. I
biased that abstract description in favor of HTTP, when things were
otherwise tricky, but I hope not too much.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but this is a draft, it's full of
warts, bugs, and outright errors. I will continue to work on it pretty
much all the time, which means now that I'm sharing it, I'll add some
date/time/RCS-markers, so that changes are easier to detect.

I hope that it helps, at the very least, focus our discussion and move
us toward CR status with all deliberate speed.

Best,
Kendall Clark
--
Sometimes it's appropriate, even patriotic, to be ashamed of your
country. -- James Howard Kunstler