Re: protocol draft available

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 09:17:26AM -0500, Kendall Clark wrote:

> Les Chiens,
>
> I'm relieved (!) to say that I've finally got a protocol draft that
> I'm willing to publicly share, in the event anyone's still
> interested. You can find it at
>
> 	    http://monkeyfist.com/kendall/sparql-protocol/

Commenting on protocol-wd.html,v 1.1 2004/11/09.

Havent fully digested it, but I'm still very interested :) some inital
observations:

getOptions is not REQUIRED, from my experiences with Z39.50 I would say
this is a mistake.

Query example 1.1 seems to be a select that returns a section of an RDF
graph (rather than a graph that describes a result set), I haven't URL
decoded the string, but I dont see how that works.

Why do the HTTP binding arguments have []'s round them? I dont have a
particular problem, with it, but it seems unneccesary, and a bit of a
break from the norm.