RE: thanks for all the fish

From: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:42:05 -0700
To: "Howard Katz" <howardk@fatdog.com>, "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

I think the group is losing a great resource. In his time with the
group, Howard has gone above and beyond the call of duty, offering a
truly humbling demonstration of commitment and work ethic. His
contributions, passion, and curiosity will be sorely missed.

Beyond Howard's particular expertise in the field of XQuery, I think
it's incredibly valuable for this group to include members outside the
RDF community who are able to bring different perspectives and
experiences to the problems at hand.

Our job here (as I interpert it) is to define a language which makes RDF
data accessible and useful to a larger community. To do that, I think we
need more than knowledge of RDF. We need an awareness of similar
technologies, we need an understanding of language design, and we need
to focus on just how real users interact with machine-processed
languages.

I wish Howard the best of luck in his future endeavors, and this group
will need to work hard to try to fill the void left by his absence.