thanks for all the fish

From: Howard Katz <howardk@fatdog.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:22:23 -0700
To: "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

It's with some sense of regret I'm announcing that I'm leaving the group,
effective immediately. My public performance in San Diego was a bit of a
wakeup call for me that my life needed some internal readjustment. I've
since taken time to reflect on that and the need for balance in one's life.
My focus at the moment is on work (some of which involves writing on XQuery
and RDF matters) and supporting my family. My wife was wonderfully
supportive of my dawg involvement but is quite happy to see me earning a
living again! :-)

XsRQL sits at the bottom of the priority queue at the moment but will
hopefully see life on the web at some point once other priorities are taken
care of. I'll note that I do love answering XQuery-related questions (one on
one is best :-), and whether a formal member of the wg or not I'm happy to
act as an XQuery resource and respond to questions by email if anyone has
any. I'm also going to have an opportunity to pontificate on such matters
for Kendall ("two l's") at xml.com, so I hope you'll come visit
periodically.

I've enjoyed working with all of you and will miss the sense of excitement
and collegiality that comes from working together on a common, worthwhile
goal. Good luck as you march toward rec status!
Best,
Howard