Re: FW: Failed to port datastore to RDF, will go Mongo

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 12:51 -0500, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> What does MySQL 4 do with this data that can't be done with a
> moderately capable RDF quad / triplestore?
>
> If I am going to run rings around this thing, I need a starting
> point :-)

That's not the point that is being made. A competent developer, using
all the available links and documentation, spending days researching and
learning and trying to implement, is unable to make an app using a
triplestore that is on a par with one they can create very quickly using
a relational database.

This is about the 1000th time I have heard this story, and the ability
range of those saying the same thing is huge - from 9-5 devs who learn
what they need to people who research and teach artificial intelligence
and other cutting edge areas and who actively learn new, complex skills
just because they can.

The point is not whether someone who (co?)developed the virtuoso
triplestore can make RDF work, it's whether someone with the time,
current documentation and inclination can.

Ben