Re: Failed to port datastore to RDF, will go Mongo

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:12:50 +0000
Ben O'Steen <bosteen@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's not the point that is being made. A competent developer, using
> all the available links and documentation, spending days researching
> and learning and trying to implement, is unable to make an app using a
> triplestore that is on a par with one they can create very quickly
> using a relational database.

Or, to put a different slant on it: a competent developer who has spent
years using SQL databases day-to-day finds it easier to use SQL and the
relational data model than a different data model and different query
language that he's spent a few days trying out.

It's not surprising. I often find it difficult to code things in Python
and end up switching to Perl. Why? Is it because Perl's an inherently
easier language? Or is it because Perl has been one of my main
development tools for the best part of a decade whereas I dig out
Python only occasionally.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>