Re: A URI(Web ID) for the semantic web community as a foaf:Group

On 26 March 2010 15:27, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> Hmm, there once was an instance of Virtuoso+ODS at:
> <http://community.linkeddata.org/ods> that actually gave all members of
> LOD a URI. All you have to do is walk through the LOD mail archives to
> see how it came to an end. Tom Heath didn't want it there, and as far as
> I was concerned, I simply wasn't interested in grappling with him; its
> his domain (bottom line) and he has the right to do whatever with it (my
> last comments in an old mail thread about this matter).

Kingsley,

I don't believe your mail gives an accurate account of events. From my
records the discussion was mainly off-list, and the decision to
deprecate community.linkeddata.org was a group decision, not mine
alone. At some point after that decision was taken, the Openlink Data
Spaces instance that you hosted at that subdomain disappeared.

(For the record I never hosted anything at this subdomain, it was
simply pointed using a DNS CNAME record at an EC2 instance
administered by Openlink.)

It would be useful if you could properly reference the mails in
question so others can refer to them easily. I've assembled those
messages I've found which are relevant to the topic and will put these
online shortly so others have access.

Tom.

--
Dr Tom Heath