Re: A URI(Web ID) for the semantic web community as a foaf:Group

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:41:55 -0400
To: Tom Heath <tom.heath@talis.com>
CC: "KangHao Lu (Kenny)" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu>, public-lod@w3.org
Tom Heath wrote:
> On 26 March 2010 15:27, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, there once was an instance of Virtuoso+ODS at:
>> <http://community.linkeddata.org/ods> that actually gave all members of
>> LOD a URI. All you have to do is walk through the LOD mail archives to
>> see how it came to an end. Tom Heath didn't want it there, and as far as
>> I was concerned, I simply wasn't interested in grappling with him; its
>> his domain (bottom line) and he has the right to do whatever with it (my
>> last comments in an old mail thread about this matter).
>>

> Kingsley,
>
> I don't believe your mail gives an accurate account of events.
It does.
>  From my
> records the discussion was mainly off-list, and the decision to
> deprecate community.linkeddata.org was a group decision, not mine
> alone. At some point after that decision was taken, the Openlink Data
> Spaces instance that you hosted at that subdomain disappeared.

I took it off line since it was Amazon EC2 hosted. Wouldn't you if you
were in my shoes after what happened?
> (For the record I never hosted anything at this subdomain, it was
> simply pointed using a DNS CNAME record at an EC2 instance
> administered by Openlink.)
>
> It would be useful if you could properly reference the mails in
> question so others can refer to them easily. I've assembled those
> messages I've found which are relevant to the topic and will put these
> online shortly so others have access.

In my response to you, I specifically said:
You own the domain, so you can do whatever with it.

If I was having a private conversation with you (while assuming it was
public), I can easily go dig up my archives.

You (and the group that excluded me) decided to take down something that
you seem to partially understand, clearly. I told you repeatedly that it
was about URIs for community members first, forget about the UI etc..

It was there for dog-fooding purposes, and I am sure you can google up
on that re. how it was introduced and offered.

> Tom.

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO
OpenLink Software