ISSUE-66: image-analysis - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:52:27 -0500
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
The current status for this issue:

- We have a Working Group draft that has updated the paragraph in
question, but the update has not yet met with wide consensus:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0103.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2010/003808.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2010/003809.html

- We have a Change Proposal to remove this paragraph entirely:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ChangeProposals/ImageHeuristics

The current draft as of the time of the change proposal was produced
before we instituted the current process requiring rationale in commit
messages, and the commit messages for the two commits cited above do not
meet the criteria for rationale, so if there are anybody who prefers the
draft as it is (or even wants to make a different Change Proposal), what
we need is a Change Proposal (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal
Details), but with similar level of detail in the other sections to what
Matt produced.

In addition, at this time the Chairs would also like to solicit
alternate Change Proposals, in case anyone would like to advocate a
different change than the specific one in the existing Change Proposal.

If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by March
10th, 2010, we proceed with a Call for Consensus on Matt's Change Proposal.

- Sam Ruby