Re: How to add features to HTML5 (Was: tracker already has ternary state - RAISED)

Hi Chris and Dan,

Ian wrote:

> here's a look at how to propose new features [1].

Is this an official HTML5 working group procedure?

>> Where does bugzilla fit in?
>> Where does issue tracker fit in?

> Those are more useful for tracking problems and errors in the
> spec, than for tracking new features.

I did some research and found the message," Raising issues in a way
that the editors will pay attention to them" [2] dated June 9, 2007
which is one year ago today.

The issue tracker was added last fall [3], [4], [5], [6].

Bugzilla was added a few days ago to "To help keep track of proposals" [7].

I appreciate that the process is evolving. But it is unclear how all
of these pieces fit together and which ones this working group
sanctions.

Like I said in my other messages [8], [9], [10], [11] good policy,
procedure, and flow-charting may be beneficial.

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jun/0140.html