Re: linking work on processing WAI-ARIA markup in HTML

From: Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:50:12 +0100
To: "Richard Schwerdtfeger" <schwer@us.ibm.com>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, public-pfwg-comments@w3.org, public-pfwg-comments-request@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org
Dear all,

I doubt I'm the only one who sees the chicken and egg problem expressed in
the comments below.

One or both parties will have to compromise, or ARIA-HTML5 integration just
won't happen.

Sam

2008/7/24 Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>:

> I don't see how we can fully state how we work with HTML 5 as it is not
done. We should be able to do this in a future version.

2008/7/23 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>:
> 1. ARIA isn't being developed in the open. It is unlikely that we would
adopt wholesale anything that wasn't developed in a completely open  manner,
with open public participation and a completely public feedback loop.