Re: linking work on processing WAI-ARIA markup in HTML

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:10:12 -0500
To: "Sam Kuper" <sam.kuper@uclmail.net>
Cc: "Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, public-pfwg-comments@w3.org, public-pfwg-comments-request@w3.org, sampablokuper@googlemail.com, wai-liaison@w3.org

Yes. I would also argue that all editorial drafts are in the open and
nobody is excluded from reviewing and commenting on wai-xtech.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             "Sam Kuper"
             <sam.kuper@uclmai
             l.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Richard
             sampablokuper@goo         Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
             glemail.com               "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Al
                                       Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>,
                                       "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>,
             07/24/08 05:50 AM         public-pfwg-comments@w3.org,
                                       public-pfwg-comments-request@w3.org
                                       , wai-liaison@w3.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: linking work on processing
                                       WAI-ARIA markup in HTML

Dear all,

I doubt I'm the only one who sees the chicken and egg problem expressed in
the comments below.

One or both parties will have to compromise, or ARIA-HTML5 integration just
won't happen.

Sam

2008/7/24 Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>:

> I don't see how we can fully state how we work with HTML 5 as it is not
done. We should be able to do this in a future version.

2008/7/23 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>:

> 1. ARIA isn't being developed in the open. It is unlikely that we would
adopt wholesale anything that wasn't developed in a completely open
manner, with open public participation and a completely public feedback
loop.

graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

pic01130.gif