Re: Versioning re-visited (was : mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.)

On 6/23/07, Craig Francis <craig@synergycms.com> wrote:

> If the goal-posts move, and there was no declaration of which spec
> version I have written to, then without me making any changes, then
> all of my websites will become invalid overnight... for example,
> because I try to use the @summary attribute on all tables.

I think the whole point of the design idea, proposed by Ian, et al. is
to develop a forward _and_ backward compatible language, where the
documents, written in HTML5 are also HTML6 documents.. unless I am
misunderstanding something.

By inference, this means that subtraction or replacement of language
features in a previous version are not allowed in the next version.
Ian, Anne, is this correct?

:DG<