Re: Versioning re-visited (was : mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.)

On 23 Jun 2007, at 18:56, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:

> I think the whole point of the design idea, proposed by Ian, et al. is
> to develop a forward _and_ backward compatible language, where the
> documents, written in HTML5 are also HTML6 documents.. unless I am
> misunderstanding something.
>
> By inference, this means that subtraction or replacement of language
> features in a previous version are not allowed in the next version.
> Ian, Anne, is this correct?

If that is the case, then why are they making subtractions and
replacement of language features in this revision?

After HTML5, I am sure there will be improvements that can be made
for HTML6... and those improvements may well include the removal of
elements/attributes.

Craig