Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:47:48 +0100
To: "Michael A. Puls II" <shadow2531@gmail.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Michael A. Puls II wrote:

> Looking at the source:
>
> 1. I don't see any explicit closings for P, LI, BODY,  HTML and some DDs.

	Bad

> 2. I don't see attributes being quoted.

	Some are, but those that aren't : bad

> 3. I see the HTML4.01 doctype being used without the dtd URI.

	Debatable

> 4. I see Anne's email address in the href where the @ is not
> properly-encoded to %40 in the mailto URI.

	Are you certain that it is a reserved character in HTML ?

> 5. In the css, I see the last property for a selector is not terminated
> with ;

	In CSS, ";" is a separator, not a terminator (just as
	in JavaScript); the final ";" is optional, and I for
	one always omit it on stylistic grounds (Algol-68
	habits die /very/ hard, which is why Algol-68 programmers
	tend to hate Java syntax).

Philip Taylor