Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

On 7/6/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 19:25 +0200, gonchuki wrote:
> > On 7/6/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm intrigued by the claim that source formatting contributes
> > > to accessibility. I'm not at all persuaded; I would have to
> > > see considerably more evidence.
>
> > what I mean with accessibility on this issue is that we must ensure
> > that the source code is viewable and understandable to any disabled
> > person, be it that she has low vision or focus/attention disorders.
>
> You made that claim before. Repeating it doesn't make it any more true
> or convincing. If you have evidence or justification to back it,
> please share it. Otherwise this is just a matter of personal preference,
> i.e. editorial judgement. You're welcome to share such advice, but
> the editors are under no obligation to do anything with it.
>
> "must" is a strong word; don't just throw it around lightly.
>
> --

I'm sorry but i'm not repeating myself, as for your questions and
others it was apparent that you were thinking on accessibility through
a User Agent and not via direct editing of the source. I see it
perfectly justified to ask for human readable source code being that
HTML is supposed to be able to be generated by any person.
"must" is a strong word yes, as strong as our commitment  for equal
accessibility for everyone, and I guess we as a group don't think that
accessibility is just "a matter of personal preference".