Re: Forms Taskforce participation

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:29:08 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

At 08:45 -0500 UTC, on 2007-08-22, Dan Connolly wrote:

> "We are resolved, then, that the W3C's next-generation HTML
> specification be named "HTML 5" and to start review of the text
> of the HTML 5 and WF2 specifications"
>  -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0909.html
> It's only a housekeeping detail that the text of WF2 and the
> rest of the HTML5 spec are in different files.

OK, thanks. I guess I should have realised this.

Still, there are some confusing indicators. For instance, the W3C hosted WF2
says (under "Status of this document") that feedback should go to
<whatwg@whatwg.org> and <public-appformats@w3.org>, and the W3C hosted HTML5
draft contains several pointers to the WHATWG version of WF2:

Perhaps those are just typos, but they do make it somewhat unclear what
exactly WF2 is, how it relates to HTML5, what HTML WG members are to make of

Sander Tekelenburg