Re: Review of 3.15.1. The table element

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:17:31 +0300
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

Le Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:15:51 +0300, Philip Taylor (Webmaster)
<P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk> a écrit:

> Sorry, I rarely look at these detailed proposals, but
> Mihai's might benefit by a little grammatical work :

Hehe. I'm not a native English speaker. Thanks for correcting my
suggestion.

> Sadly I do not think that any conformance tool could reliably
> identify such tables.  It may therefore be necessary to tone
> down the wording to match reality.

I based my proposal on this issue statement:

"Big Issue: we need some editorial text on how layout tables are bad
practice and *non-conforming*"

Non-conforming.

I don't believe conformance criteria should only be machine-checkable. The
spec should also contain conformance criteria that's only human-checkable,
if needed.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro