Re: About the Web Forms 2 proposal

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 02:55:00 +0200
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>, public-html@w3.org, Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer <sebastian@dreamlab.net>

John Boyer wrote:

> Have you ever tried to put an insurance or financial application online?

I did, in former professionnal lives.

Thinking back about it, I can draw two conclusions :

   1. CSS is still far from allowing an existing insurance or financial
      form to be online because it does not allow to position a given
      element in function of the position of any other arbitrary element.
      Please take a look at [1] to understand what I mean.

   2. the last 2 things an insurance or financial organization putting
      an application online wants are

      a. a forms language so complex only an expensive contractor is able
         to maintain it
      b. a forms language with a spirit different from the main content
         language's

I have zillions of real-life examples.

[1] http://daniel.glazman.free.fr/weblog/position__new.html

</Daniel>