Re: Hand-coding HTML

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 02:42:06 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

Mike Schinkel wrote:

> If it can be hand-coded then tools can certainly be created for HTML.

With my Nvu implementor's hat on, this is *clearly* a false assertion.

Nested lists are trivial to hand-code. And trust me, they are incredibly
painful and expensive to implement in a wysiwyg editor allowing
unconstrained text selection.
ins and del elements are trivial to hand-code, they're almost impossible
to implement in a wysiwyg editor because of their dual inline/block
state.
I have more examples of that kind.

Please, please, all : simple to specify does *NOT* mean easy to
implement.

</Daniel>