Re: HTML forms, XForms, Web Forms - which and how much?

On Apr 27, 2007, at 02:44, Mark Birbeck wrote:

> The same goes for XForms. Regardless of whether it has been believed
> or claimed that it was a language that was only for XML host
> languages,

Based on the XForms spec, I still think it is fair to say that XForms
is *meant* to be used only in XML-based host languages.

> the reality is that it is being used today by lots of
> people, in an environment that is essentially HTML.

Given that XForms proper is already used in text/html (albeit without
a spec), why is XForms Transitional needed then?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi