Re: Proposed Design Principles review

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Dannii wrote:

> Do we want to not break conforming pages only, or all pages? I think it
> should say that we should only attempt to prevent breaking good pages.

According to a study I did last September, about 93% of pages on the Web
are non-conforming at a purely syntactic level. So I think we are forced
to consider non-conforming pages in our consideration of whether or not we
can change legacy page renderings.

Consider that microsoft.com, google.com, and cnn.com are all
non-conforming today. I don't think we could even consider a change that
made browsers change their renderings of those pages.