Re: Separation of versioning concerns

Le Mer 25 avril 2007 13:45, Sam Ruby a écrit :

> [...] This group needs a way to say that this
> particular representation of this particular page was produced
> specifically for IE8.0 (or whatever) and may not render as intended by
browsers that do not implement a rendering mode that is compatible with
that particular version of that particular browser.

This assume that authors that rely on a specific version know that they
are doing so. In my opinion, this is not the case. Most authors may rely
on a bug and do not know that it is a bug. They won't use the explicit
lockdown as they think they are "standard" (think of many people that say
"I'm standard : look, it runs well on IE").

This suggestion is fine only if authors are aware that they are exploiting
bugs and specific behaviour. I do not think we are in a such situation.

--
Éric Daspet
http://eric.daspet.name/

--