Re: A Compromise to the Versioning Debate

Mornin!

On 23-Apr-07, at 06:38 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> On 15/04/2007 13:31, Kornel Lesinski wrote:
>
>> Making HTML harder won't stop incompetent developers from trying.
>> It will just make developers' lives harder and increase cost of
>> web development.
>
> Fully agreed.

Not to mention that it is our responsability to make sure HTML does
not increase the cost of web development (at least, I feel it
shouldn't). Any improvement to HTML should strive to make it simpler
& more powerful, not harder & more powerful. I feel these so-called
improvements shouldn't only be oriented towards technology, but also
towards the context in which it becomes implementable. Pushing the
limits of HTML at the expense of it's simpleness only makes it harder
to achieve properly. And for every expert that will benefit from it,
thousands more will keep producing bad code.

Web development is already expensive enough - every new addition to
the developer's toolbox is just another reason to keep pushing the
envelope. Some developers are already doing a good job at overbilling
their clients and hurting our credibility as a whole with their
incompetence, please let's not give them another argument to keep
abusing that way. Let's work at simplifying things (and that should
also include defining these things better), but let's just not dumb
it down in the process.

--
Denis Boudreau,
Directeur

WebConforme / AccessibilitéWeb
1751 rue Richardson, bureau 3.501
Montréal (Qc), Canada  H3K 1G6

Téléphone : +1 514-448-2650
Télécopieur : +1 514.667.2216
dboudreau@webconforme.com
blackberry@webconforme.com
http://www.webconforme.com/

Les choses changent plus lentement que l’on pense. La rapidité
des changements technologiques est tempérée par la lenteur de
leur acceptation sociale. (Michel Cartier)