Re: Versioning and html[5]

On 16/04/2007 06:17, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Joe D'Andrea wrote:
>> Kornel Lesinski writes:
>>> Many authors don't have slightest idea that there's something
>>> wrong with their code. This can be solved - make standard IE
>>> distribution warn about deprecated features and problems
>>> exposed by invalid code. [ ... ]
>
> Oh dear me.  I foresee a LOT of phone calls from my mom asking me about that one.

Can I ask my dad to call your mom _after_ you gave her a few details
about that change ?-)

I'm with Chris here. Please keep in mind the early versions of Hotjava
had a green/red indicator for markup "validity", and it never hit the
whole web just because this kind of things is just like a radio signal
coming from outerspace to average web users. Useless, dangerous. People
don't want to see it because they don't have to see it. Make it an
extension available to web developers only, but never ever put that
into the main browser app.

</Daniel>