Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

On Apr 22, 2007, at 11:10 PM, Benjamin Chait wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2007, at 2:01 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>> I'm asking for an *additional* editor with a background and
>>> perspective outside the WHATWG.  Don't you think that's a
>>> reasonable request?
>> Wouldn't someone who had no involvement in WHATWG be likely to
>> have major philosophical differences with Ian and Dave, and
>> therefore probably not work very well with them? This on top of
>> the extra coordination complexity from every added editor.
>
> Is someone nominating an additional editor? By all means, it
> couldn't *hurt* to have someone who wasn't involved with WHATWG (so
> long as s/he and Ian+Dave were willing to work together) ~ but
> until someone volunteers/is nominated, isn't this a moot point?

Mainly I disagree with actively looking for an additional editor
candidate with the requirement that they lack any affiliation with
WHATWG. If someone is nominated then we could consider their
candidacy in addition to or in place of the current nominees. But
this should be based on their actual qualifications and ability to
work with other potential editors, not nonaffiliation with particular
standards groups.

Regards,
Maciej