Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:04:25 -0400
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Hi, David-

Dailey, David P. wrote:

> Alternatively, if  Doug Schepers could be persuaded to serve
 > in some editorial capacity - he has already volunteered to
 > help with Maciej's call for help with issue tracking - it
 > would, I think help to keep the editorial process from
 > becoming too opaque or partisan.

Hah!  Thanks for the (misguided) vote of confidence, but I don't think I
have either the time or the expertise required for the role.  Nor is my
track record of working with Hixie very good (we disagree about
fundamental things), and he is much more important to this work; I'm
afraid that the combination of the 2 of us would only slow it down.

I would like to contribute some content, and I would like to know that
it would be considered with equanimity by the editors, though.  In
specific, I think some very valuable work has been done by the SVG WG
with regards to navigation and other things, and I would like to see
some of this generalized to other W3C specs.

Regards-
-Doug

www.schepers.cc