Re: Nomination for Co-Editor: Dave Hyatt

From: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:04:10 -0400
Cc: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>, W3C HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

On Apr 22, 2007, at 3:35 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>> I think so as well, but we should also get someone else who isn't
>> involved in the WHATWG stuff.  I'd like to see another editor with
>> a different viewpoint from Ian and Dave (not that they necessarily
>> always agree).
>
> I think we should consider ourselves lucky that we have two
> excellent candidates for editor and not push our luck by trying to
> add a third. I especially don't want to keep delaying the group's
> work by continuing to look for more candidates.

I agree with Doug. I think someone who is outside the WHATWG would be
the most objective as they would not have a preexisting relationship
with their spec.

I definitely support the nomination of Dave Hyatt though, and if no
one can be found that fits the aforementioned role (in a timely
manner), then I agree with Maciej that we shouldn't delay progress
further.

- Elliott