Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 01:57:45 +0200
To: "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 4/19/07, James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> >> - that Ian Hickson is named as editor for the W3C's HTML 5
> >> specification, to preserve continuity with the existing WHATWG effort
> >
> > Chris and I are delighted to have Ian Hickson as one of the editors,
> > but not satisfied with having him as the only editor. We're continuing
> > to recruit co-editors.
>
> Dan, can you elaborate on this a little? Do you have some reason for
> believing that multiple editors will work better than a single editor?

Karl exposed the security reasons :
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0585.html. We
*need* more than one editor because 'the show must go on', whatever it
happens. On a broader scale, we are generating *many* emails,
reactions, documents, and one editor only will shurly miss some
reactions. And the effort of some editor to understand each other and
to make compromise should lead to a more clear spec.