Re: Non-goal for HTML: Picture-perfect rendering

At 11:07 -0700 UTC, on 2007-04-16, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

[...]

> Consistent rendering, to some extent and at least for
> some media, is required for interoperability.

Could you provide some more detail? Exactly for which media and to *what*
extent do you want default presentation to be the same across UAs?

I've listed some objections before[*], which I haven't really seen concrete
and obviously I'm all for interoperability. So I can imagine I could be
convinced that indeed "to *some* extent" could be acceptible. But for that it
would really help to know what extent we're talking about.

TIA

[*]
<http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-April/010672.html>

--