RE: Precision of <canvas> rendering (was: Re: Formal definition of HTML5)

From: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:30:27 -0700
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
CC: Joe D'Andrea <jdandrea@gmail.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> question about further patent entanglements associated with the
>
>I am not a lawyer. (Personally, I am not worried.)

No, I expect not.  But then, you aren't (fiscally responsible for) shipping a browser, and probably don't have a huge pool of cash that attracts lawsuits like lawyer catnip.

As someone else pointed out, Microsoft lost (so far) a half-billion dollar lawsuit to EOLAS.  Opera got to change their behavior to avoid the problem with no legal costs.

-Chris