RE: The argument for |bugmode| (was Re: If we have versioning, it should be in an attribute, not the doctype)

From: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:33:44 -0700
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
I want to explicitly state - I neither asked for nor want the HTML WG to specify a "bugmode" attribute in HTML.  I expect bugward-compatibility markers to be IE-proprietary, and I hope we can get rid of them over time.  I DO want the HTML WG to recognize that they cannot be ripped out today (or for the next several years).

-Chris