Re: Versioning and html[5]

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Safari and Firefox handle sites with misnested forms in tables
> reasonably well, as far as I know, but make a proper DOM tree in these
> cases. I'd love to hear of sites where this is not true, in case we have
> some bug fixing to do.

To be entirely honest, Gecko has had four bugs filed on issues related to this
in the last 8 years or so.  In all cases, the page used innerHTML on the <form>
or the table elements in question and was surprised that the form had no kids or
that setting innerHTML on the <tr> in the following markup:

   <form>
   </form>

did not add the form controls in the new HTML to the form.

-Boris

P.S.  Given that we've had only 4 bug reports, and that none of the sites were
particularly major, we're pretty happy with our current behavior.  If someone
has better proposals, of course, we're happy to hear them.