Re: A Compromise to the Versioning Debate

On 15.04.2007, at 13:31, Kornel Lesinski wrote:

> Because, depending on definition of incompetence, it might be more
> than a half of all web developers (judging by number of quirks-mode
> sites, ill-formed 'XHTML', etc.).

The question remains, why care about them? You don't care about
incompetent lawyers, doctors, ... so why care about incompetent web
developers? That has always bugged me.

> And incompetent web developers aren't just limited to myspace
> users, you can easily find on-line banking websites that are locked
> into particular version of IE.

Of course. So, again, why care about them? If you force banks to hire
COMPETENT web developers, wouldn't that help everybody?

> Making HTML harder won't stop incompetent developers from trying.
> It will just make developers' lives harder and increase cost of web
> development.

I don't see where it will get any harder than it already is....

- Alexander Graf