User Agent (browser) WG at W3C [was: New discussion group are need]

aloha, dmitry!

you wrote, quote:
> To my mind, it's will be good to have separate mailing list
> to offer and discuss feature of browser.
> I have several ideas of this kind, and they maybe usefull, i
> hope.
unquote

the W3C does have a browser guidelines slash compliance document:
UAAG, the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines, version 1.0 of which
is a W3C Technical Recommendation:
[http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10]

although the User Agent Accessibility Working Group belongs to the
Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) domain, it stresses the importance
of interoperability and strict conformance to specifications.

Guideline 6 of UAAG explicitly states:

quote
source: <http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#gl-accessible-
interface>
Guideline 6. Implement interoperable application programming
interfaces
unquote

while Guideline 8.2 simply proclaims:

quote
source: <http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG10/guidelines.html#gl-accessible-
interface>
8.2 Conform to specifications
unquote

the UAWG (User Agent Working Group) is currently drafting UAAG 2.0;
you can find out more about UAWG work at the UAWG home page:
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/>

i encourage you to monitor and join their work - new ideas and fresh
perspectives are always welcome in any WG -- or, at least, SHOULD
be...

gregory.
Advice: The smallest current coin.
                         -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Gregory J. Rosmaita:  oedipus@hicom.net AND unagi69@concentric.net
        Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
  United Blind Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org