Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On Apr 11, 2007, at 00:08, Henrik Dvergsdal wrote:

>> That wouldn't be a useful use of Hixie's time.
>
> So you think it will be more efficient that everyone does this by
> themselves ...?

I do think it is reasonable to expect WG participants to read and
keep an eye on the parts of the spec they particularly care about,
yes. At least skimming through the parts you don't particularly care
about is a good idea, too.

For example, I've read both Web Apps 1.0 and Web Forms 2.0 twice
cover-to-cover paying less attention to the API parts that I am not
working on. I'm now reading the Web Apps 1.0 spec cover-to-cover for
the third time. I've also read snippets as needed following cross-
references countless of times.

There's even a tool for keeping track of what is happening:
http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi