Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On Tuesday 2007-04-10 20:38 +0200, Henrik Dvergsdal wrote:
> If we are to make a jump like this, I think it we should have a
> really strict delta document. One that we can trust contains all
> significant aspects of differences between the HTML4 and HTML5 specs
> at all times. This should not be just a wiki. I think the editor
> should be responsible for keeping it up to date as the proposal evolves.

I don't think this makes sense.

One of the problems I hope this group will solve is that HTML4 is
frequently ambiguous and often lacks conformance requirements where
it should have them.  In other words, it frequently doesn't define
the things a spec ought to be defining.  Many parts of it are not
useful at any level deeper than as a list of requested features, and
I don't think it's useful, or worth anyone's time, to track
differences between a list of requested features and an actual
specification designed to lead to interoperable implementations.

-David