Re: Proposal to Adopt HTML5

On Apr 10, 2007, at 21:38, Henrik Dvergsdal wrote:

> If we are to make a jump like this, I think it we should have a
> really strict delta document. One that we can trust contains all
> significant aspects of differences between the HTML4 and HTML5
> specs at all times.

 From the charter:
"A language evolved from HTML4 for describing the semantics of
documents and applications on the World Wide Web. This will be a
complete specification, not a delta specification."
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter

> I think the editor should be responsible for keeping it up to date
> as the proposal evolves.

That wouldn't be a useful use of Hixie's time.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi