beforeprint event (was: Re: Microsoft has now joined the HTML Working Group)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:00:48 +0200
To: "Dao Gottwald" <dao@design-noir.de>, "Matthew Raymond" <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:23:07 +0200, Dao Gottwald <dao@design-noir.de>
wrote:
> That said, I still agree with HÃ¥kon. CSS can handle most real-world
> cases today, and it will get even better with future versions. So the
> beforeprint event sounds like it will become obsolete (if that's not
> already the case), thus it shouldn't be standardized.

Implementing events like that should be pretty trivial and allows authors
to innovate themselves without having to wait for browser vendors to
implement everything they might ever want in CSS.

The use cases might be catered for by something like XBL, but I don't seen
anything inherently harmful in supporting events that indicate the
transition between presentation media.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>