RE: Version information

Thank you.  That's a much more succinct way of saying what I've been trying to say.

From: Elliott Sprehn [mailto:esprehn@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 4:32 PM
To: Ian Hickson
Cc: Chris Wilson; Anne van Kesteren; L. David Baron; public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Version information

This does not follow.

In hundreds/thousands of years how will they know which version of HTML they need to implement to view today's content?

This is definitely a benefit of version information within the markup. In the future when someone comes across a document with HTML they know exactly which specification they need to implement.

- Elliott Sprehn