Re: Version information

From: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:31:59 -0400
Cc: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
This does not follow.

In hundreds/thousands of years how will they know which version of
HTML they need to implement to view today's content?

This is definitely a benefit of version information within the
markup. In the future when someone comes across a document with HTML
they know exactly which specification they need to implement.

- Elliott Sprehn