Re: Version information

This does not follow.

In hundreds/thousands of years how will they know which version of
HTML they need to implement to view today's content?

This is definitely a benefit of version information within the
markup. In the future when someone comes across a document with HTML
they know exactly which specification they need to implement.

- Elliott Sprehn