Re: Canvas

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:59:05 +0200, Doug Schepers
<doug.schepers@vectoreal.com> wrote:
> 'canvas' is sufficiently different to the HTML functionality and
> philosophy that I think it should be a separate specification, possibly
> as a joint Task Force between groups from both the HTML and Graphics
> Activities.  I honestly think it could move faster this way.  It's not a
> huge spec, so it could be published quickly and without being dependent
> upon the entirety of the HTML spec.

Hmm. sXBL anyone?

Regarding <canvas>. <canvas> is mostly done. There are three
implementations in browsers that are becoming more interoperable each
release. There's at least one scripted implementation for Internet
Explorer. There are multiple testsuites covering the functionality
provided and there's a pretty solid specification in development for over
two years with a few minor oustanding issues.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>