Re: [whatwg] Default (informal) Style Sheet

From: Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo <amla70@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:05:38 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
2007/4/6, Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>:

> At 09:54 +0200 UTC, on 2007-04-02, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>

> > Not all authors will use a 'CSS zapper' (whatever it is).
>
> If that's a question, I linked to what it is in my first message in this
> thread:
> <http://webrepair.org/02strategy/02certification/01requirements.php#req26>

That idea is basically a way for web authors to override the UA defaults and
this way overcome the current differences in those defaults, but in no way
it does assure that the users will get their expected rendering because the
user could have specified a User Stylesheet.

Having the UA use all of them a common stylesheet will get the same effect
that specifying a "CSS zapper", but most important: it will be easier to
control the rendering if all the behavior is specified in a css file used by
the browser.

What I have in mind right now: trying to style a <br> (br:before {content:
"\B6 ";}) it's impossible for example in Mozilla because it uses some magic
in the rendering. If the rendering is only controlled by some CSS rules then
it's possible for a web author to override them, and having all the UA use
the same defaults would be a good thing.

Regards