Re: argument for deprecating BLOCKQUOTE in canonical HTML/XHTML

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:42:46 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> We don't need <quote>.

I beg to differ.

> Inventing something new doesn't solve the problems we already
> have. It just creates more problems.

How? Instead of shoe-horning functionality into <q> and learning a
gazillion HTML authors that <blockquote> isn't a presentational element
(namely to add whitespace around a given piece of text), deprecating both
of them in favour of a new, well-specified element that has all the
functionality we need without the presentational doodah of the current
elements, is defniately both easier and better imo.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no