Re: The HTMLWG and WHATWG (Was: Default (informal) Style Sheet)

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:13:29 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

On 02/04/2007 10:02, Ian Hickson wrote:

> In practice in the WHATWG I edit the documents taking into account
> everyone's feedback; there's not really any need for discussion to happen
> in a single place. In fact, in addition to the WHATWG mailing list, I also
> take into account feedback I see from people who aren't in the group, e.g.
> at conferences, on blogs, in forums, based on the research I've done at
> Google and on other people's research, based on direct feedback from
> browser vendors, based on comments in bug reports, etc.

This is the reason why a lot of people expressed concerns about the
WHATWG itself, and often personal complaints about you. They only forgot
about one thing : if "dictator" has unfortunately a negative aspect,
"enlightened dictator" has a positive one. HTML 5 needed someone like
you to do the dirty job, and I am very glad you did it because you did
it so well.
What people think of other people does not count in the end ; the only
thing that really matters is having a successor to HTML 4.
Thanks Ian.

</Daniel>