W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-02 - action items, issues and decisions

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:33:27 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+dB-x-PiFrjKC26OK8ZTQAsBJFiu7pMsvePmgimJ6aAkw@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
Draft minutes (text) follow. HTML format at
http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-html-wg-minutes.html.


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

02 Aug 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0016.html

Attendees

   Present
          hober, jaymunro, glenn, Sam, eliot, [Microsoft], paulc,
          Cynthia_Shelly, plh, Radhika_Roy, Mike, Judy,
          +1.858.735.aaaa, Janina, Laura_Carlson

   Regrets
   Chair
          sam

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]ACTION items due by Thursday, August 2
         2. [5]New Issues This Week
         3. [6]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [7]Items Closing This Week
         5. [8]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [9]New Calls This Week
         7. [10]New Surveys This Week
         8. [11]Decisions This Week
         9. [12]Other Business
        10. [13]AOB
        11. [14]Scribe for Next Meeting
        12. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <MikeSmith> issue-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   <MikeSmith> issue-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   <MikeSmith> issue-30?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc
   attribute for images -- open

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

   <MikeSmith> issue-206?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-206 -- Should HTML5 have a meta generator
   exception to the alt requirement? -- open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

   trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 02 August 2012

   <scribe> ScribeNick: glenn

ACTION items due by Thursday, August 2

   ACTION-220?

   <trackbot> ACTION-220 -- Paul Cotton to work with Matthew to
   get an editor's draft submitted to the WG for proposed adaptive
   image element -- due 2012-08-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/220

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/220

New Issues This Week

   None

Items Closed Last Week

   ISSUE-194?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a
   full transcript with an audio or video element. -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

   ISSUE-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element
   -- closed

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

   ISSUE-206?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-206 -- Should HTML5 have a meta generator
   exception to the alt requirement? -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

   sam: covered later in agenda

Items Closing This Week

   ISSUE-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   sam: closing tomorrow

   ISSUE-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   sam: extended CPs until tomorrow

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-206?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-206 -- Should HTML5 have a meta generator
   exception to the alt requirement? -- open

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

   sam: have an objection and two new proposals
   ... lots of good discussion
   ... c/q?

New Calls This Week

   None

New Surveys This Week

   None

Decisions This Week

   ISSUE-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element
   -- closed

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

   sam: CfC passed, no further changes needed
   ... now closed

   ISSUE-158?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-158 -- HTML4's content-model for <object>
   should continue -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/158

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/158

   sam: chairs evaluated survey and published decision
   ... will be applied by new editor team

Other Business

   ISSUE-30?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc
   attribute for images -- open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

   sam: was to go to survey after 194 done, no futher updates from
   authors
   ... janina and judy like more time
   ... chairs would like more info on this

   MikeSmith: talked about this on TF call, judy will speak about
   this

   Judy: the TF is also involved on this
   ... [author] is aware of concerns
   ... decision on 204, not yet available
   ... TF expects may affect position on issue 30
   ... TF needs time after 204 decision to add any adjustments
   derived from that
   ... PFWG may also have interest
   ... do not expect Aug 17th to be adequate
   ... uncertain on what date to start counting additional time
   ... wants to note this is a slow month with many vacations

   Janina: Laura will be on vacation... so have an "August"
   problem

   sam: would like more specifics and template for 204 decision
   plus X number of days

   Judy: a coordination request is pending

   sam: needs to be "on list"

   Judy: happy to put items on list
   ... this is a long-pending issue with lots of complications

   sam: any more c/q?

   ISSUE-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   Janina: status blockage on 201 which affects 131

   ISSUE-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   Janina: several folks have found a flaw, and waiting for
   response from Ted (hober) and Frank
   ... within one line of text for an agreement

   sam: how much additional time needed for 131?

   Janina: not sure, but not a lot

   paulc_: wants to understand dependency between 131 and 201
   ... this is first time chairs have heard this

   Janina: possibly mistaken...

   paulc_: position of chairs is issues 201 and 131 are
   independent

   hober: Frank has replied on 201 on list and said text looks
   good

   <rubys>
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/005
   5.html

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Aug/0055.html

   hober: [ted] is looking at it right now
   ... not sure all of changes rich and steve asked for

   sam: asks ted if there is linkage between 131 and 201

   <rubys>
   [34]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-131

   hober: doesn't think there is a depednency

   s/depednecy/dependency/

   Janina: could be wrong

   sam: any more comments on 201/131?

   ted: replying to frank's email now

   paulc_: asks ted if this will allow CfC on single change
   proposal?

   hober: i hope so

   ISSUE-164?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

     [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

   paulc_: missing date for "part 5"

   <rubys>
   [36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/015
   3.html

     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0153.html

   paulc_: looks like 4 or 5 of the proposals will be updated or
   not touched
   ... first 5 question survey
   ... will contact author of 5th proposal

   ISSUE-195?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from
   forms -- open

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

     [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

   sam: cameron is looking to review proposal, but working it on
   vacation

   ISSUE-206?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-206 -- Should HTML5 have a meta generator
   exception to the alt requirement? -- open

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

     [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

   sam: lots of good discussion on possible merge of CPs
   ... reintroduced a new CP, differs significantly from ted's CP
   ... MikeSmith sees hope for two merging

   paulc_: 3 CPs posible decreasing to 2?

   sam: author of third (Mike) seems willing to observed merge of
   other 2
   ... active good discussion, worth letting it continue

   janina: thinks overnight mail from Mike deals with 80%

   Judy: some pending concerns about user requirements
   ... encouraged by discussion, but last 20% may be difficult

   [was that Judy or Laura speaking?]

   sam: any more on 206?

   <rubys>
   [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/022
   8.html

     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0228.html

   sam: Where to Send Other Bugs for Now
   ... discussing with new editors process for bugs
   ... see above link

AOB

   paulc_: notes TPAC registration is open

   <paulc_> TPAC registration is open:
   [40]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/024
   4.html

     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0244.html

   paulc_: HTML WG will meet on TH/FR of that week
   ... same location in Lyon as 2 years ago

   glenn: notes reg fees go up on Oct16 from 45 to 135 Euro per
   day

   sam: any AOB?

Scribe for Next Meeting

   sam: will be mjs turn to chair

Adjournment

   sam: adjourned

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version
    1.136 ([42]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/08/02 16:29:55 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [43]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Non/None/
Succeeded: s/is under way/is pending/
Succeeded: s/position/position of chairs/
FAILED: s/depednecy/dependency/
Succeeded: s/paulc_: replying/ted: replying/
Succeeded: s/... asks ted/paulc_: asks ted/
Succeeded: s/[?]/Mike/
Succeeded: s/NOne/paulc_: notes TPAC registration is open/
Found ScribeNick: glenn
Inferring Scribes: glenn
Default Present: hober, jaymunro, glenn, Sam, eliot, [Microsoft], paulc,
 Cynthia_Shelly, plh, Radhika_Roy, Mike, Judy, +1.858.735.aaaa, Janina,
Laura_Carlson
Present: hober jaymunro glenn Sam eliot [Microsoft] paulc Cynthia_Shelly
 plh Radhika_Roy Mike Judy +1.858.735.aaaa Janina Laura_Carlson
Agenda: [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/
2012JulSep/0016.html
Found Date: 02 Aug 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [45]http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-html-wg-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

     [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0016.html
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2012/08/02-html-wg-minutes.html

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   End of [46]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm





On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-08-02 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
>
> http://timeanddate.com/s/298n
>
> Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
> New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
>
> Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
> Scribe: Glenn Adams
>
> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
>
> == Agenda ==
>
> 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, August 2
>
> a) ACTION-220: Work with Matthew to get an editor's draft submitted to
>    the WG for proposed adaptive image element [Paul Cotton]
>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/**tracker/actions/220<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/220>
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/**decision-policy/html5-**
> stabilization-plan.html#Q5<http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/html5-stabilization-plan.html#Q5>
>
> 2. New Issues This Week:
>
>    None
>
> 3. Items Closed Last Week
>
> a) ISSUE-194: full-transcript, Survey closed Jul 26
>    https://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/**40318/issue-194-objection-**poll/results<https://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-194-objection-poll/results>
>
> b) ISSUE-183: enhance-time, Call for Consensus closed Jul 27
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0121.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0121.html>
>
> c) ISSUE-206: meta-generator, Call for Counter Proposals closed Jul
>    27
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jun/**0139.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0139.html>
>
> 4. Items Closing This Week
>
> a) ISSUE-204: aria-hidden, Survey closes Aug 3
>    https://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/**40318/issue-204-objection-**poll/results<https://w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-204-objection-poll/results>
>
> b) ISSUE-131: caret-location-API, Update Change Proposals extension
>    closes Aug 3
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0178.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0178.html>
>
> 5. Items Closing Next Week
>
> a) ISSUE-206: meta-generator, Call for Consensus closes Aug 8
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0246.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0246.html>
>
> 6. New Calls this week
>
>    None
>
> 7. New Surveys this week
>
>    None
>
> 8. Decisions this week
>
> a) ISSUE-183 enhance-time
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0248.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0248.html>
>
> b) ISSUE-158 object-content-model
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0250.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0250.html>
>
> 9. Other Business
>
> a) ISSUE-30 longdesc
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0238.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0238.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0247.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0247.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html-a11y/**
> 2012Aug/0003.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Aug/0003.html>
>
> b) ISSUE-131 caret-location-API
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0178.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0178.html>
>
> c) ISSUE-164 no-hgroup
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0169.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0169.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0184.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0184.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0151.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0151.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0170.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0170.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0153.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0153.html>
>
> d) ISSUE-195 form-http-req
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0207.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0207.html>
>
> e) ISSUE-201 canvas-fallback
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0236.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0236.html>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0241.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0241.html>
>
> f) ISSUE-206 meta-generator
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0251.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0251.html>
>
> g) Where to send bugs (for now)
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-html/2012Jul/**0228.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0228.html>
>
> 10. Scribe for next meeting
>
> 11. Adjournment
>
> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==
>
> Zakim teleconference bridge:
>   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)
>
> Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
>   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
>
>
Received on Thursday, 2 August 2012 16:34:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC